Please select any of the links below to connect with the appropriate staff person at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation or drop us a line at (313) 964-6994. If you are uncertain as to whom to address your question, please call or email us at email@example.com.
General Information and In-Kind Contributions – (313) 745-5373
Communications, Marketing & PR – Jill Nelson (313) 966-2022
Individual and Estate Giving – George Westerman (313)745-9344
Tributes/Memorials – Dianne Johnson (313) 993-8815
Events – Kate Kesner (313) 745-8814
Cause Related Marketing & Corporate Giving – Kate Kesner (313) 745-8814
Foundation Relations – Therese Quattrociocchi-Longe (313) 745-0138
For additional information, contact:
Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation
3011 West Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48202
Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation Mascot
We are looking for an energetic, motivated, self-starter, who loves kids to be our mascot, “The Super Dog of Health” The dog is a special part of our team at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation. They will be at special appearances and special events. He / She makes people laugh and feel good. This is a part-time position.
- Exhibit professionalism in dress, attitude, work ethic, and relationships with coworkers.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of the CHMF mission and values.
- A proactive attitude demonstrating a desire to be creative and collaborative.
- Late night and/or weekend hours will be required.
- Develop the character of the mascot
- Energetically engage with kids and adults.
- Be in character and costume for up to 5 hours
- Work during hot and cold climate conditions
- Make special appearances at events
- High school diploma or equivalent GED degree. College graduate preferred.
- Choreography experience
- Good interpersonal skills (especially with children)
- Good with spontaneous crowd-interaction
- Ability to dance
- Strong non-verbal communication skills
- Organization skills
- Reliable transportation
- Acting experience is a plus
- Performer training is a plus
- Height requirement between 5’8 – 5’10, due to costume limitations.
- Willingness to travel within the Metro Detroit area for events and appearances.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of job, the employee will be constantly in costume. Move about the area during events to interact and entertain clients/fans. Work in excessive heat or cold under stressful conditions
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud to during events and minimal during non-events.
- Hours will be contingent on event dates and times
Please submit cover letter and resume to Gina Jiovani (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
About the Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation:
The Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation is the state’s largest funder dedicated solely to advancing the health and wellness of the children of Michigan. Through funding and advocacy dedicated to three core pillars – Community Benefit, Pediatric Research and Medical Education – the Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation enables researchers and community organizations to identify and implement innovations capable of advancing children’s health. Our current areas of focus include mental health, nutritional wellness, abuse and neglect, oncology and cardiology research and injury prevention.